Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Run the Opposite Way

It seems nowadays we're all just getting busier and busier with stuff around us. School especially. I see people around me struggling to keep up with assignments, work and other not-so-important mumbo jumbo in life.  It's easy to forget who the King is at times like this.  I do not want that to happen, not to me, nor to any of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Let us remember, the greatness of the One true God that we serve.  Remember, the love that He pours out on us each day.  The grace and mercy that we do not deserve, yet we receive unfailingly.

At times like this, I sometimes feel like running along with the crowd, chasing what seems to be the more ordinary thing to do. To just struggle on our own and forget all that matters.  To forget the power of the One who saved me.  To stop serving Him and do what seemed more important at that time.  But wait. There's more. There's also this even greater stirring in my heart. To run the opposite way.  To run to the One who died for me. We are called to be different after all, aren't we.

Let us run.  Into His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment