Sunday, July 31, 2011

So let's see... It's 12:23am and I'm writing down whatever comes to mind. I guess I lied when I said my blog is alive again. hahaha. Don't really know what to say here, but I just remembered something that's been recurring in my mind lately.

We always hear of preachers speaking about how God loves a broken and contrite heart(Psalm 51:17)
And how it plays such a big part in revival.

And it's all good. I mean, I understand what it means. Head knowledge wise of course. A heart that is able to feel what God feels, to be broken the way God is broken.

But just one question. WHAT IS A BROKEN AND CONTRITE HEART? seriously.
A preacher can tell me and describe it through a 1000 word essay. But there's a difference in knowing it through what others tell you, and knowing it through experiencing and having it. 
The same way how I can tell you how good something tastes, but you won't know until you've tasted it.
There's always a difference between just knowing and truly realising something.

And I've been asking God. To show me what a broken and contrite heart is. I want to experience that pain He experiences. I want a broken and contrite heart. Though I have no idea how to get there, I'm waiting for Him to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment